suit up

Saturday, February 20, 2010

953787_014_a


Fact: I love vintage bikinis. They always come in the cutest patterns with great whimsical details. Plus they’re soo flattering to the female form. Hello, curves!!


The problem: As a 22 year old college student in the South, this isn’t the style you see worn by girls lounging poolside or frolicking on the beach. Humph.


I know I should embrace the role of trendsetter and rock a vintage-style bikini hard and proud, but I’ll admit I’m a little scared of standing out from the sea of J Crew twist bandeau suits.


So a goal of mine before sun bathing season gets into full swing is to convince just one girlfriend to take the retro trend plunge with me. If I’ve got to go down in fashion flames, I’m taking someone with me!!


{image via anthroplogie}

3 comments:

the NEO-traditionalist said...

I love it!!! You won't be going down in any flames---puhleeeeze---you'd be the bell of the poolside ball! You must get one. I'm obsessed with this. In fact, may just have to post about it. Love your style my dear. XOXOXO

What he ate, what I ate. said...

I believe I was born in the wrong era...

the NEO-traditionalist said...

P.S. My fiance is applying to law school at USC and if we end up down there I'm making you be my friend! I've never been to Columbia, but I love South Carolina. You're so freaking adorable. XO

Post a Comment